Welcome to Savanna Tobacco
Vision & Mission Statement
“We are in the business of bringing pleasure to our customers. We strive to grow into a worldwide organisation with long term brands of international quality and repute. Committed to fairness and equity in all our dealings, we believe the people in the business are our recipe for maximising stakeholder value.”
Savanna Tobacco is the leading cigarette manufacturing company in Zimbabwe. Having started operating in 2002 as a threshing company, we are the proud manufacturers of Pacific, Pegasus and Branson families of brands.
- Head-quartered in Zimbabwe, we are also found in South Africa, Mozambique, Zambia, Lesotho, Swaziland, Malawi and DRC.
(Scroll to the bottom to see our awards)
- We pride ourselves on being the manufacturer of Africa’s finest cigarettes.
- We are renowned for our experience in delivering quality, innovative brands that are tailored for the unique needs and requirements of our Zimbabwean and African consumers.
- Our vision is to be Africa’s 2nd largest cigarette manufacturer by 2020, through creating world-class African brands and products.
- This is our role in the social and economic upliftment of our business partners, our country and our continent.
- 2002 – Savanna Tobacco’s journey begins
- 2003 – Savanna acquires state of the art machinery for cigarette manufacturing.
- 2004 – Savanna’s first brand Pacific Blue is launched.
- 2005 – Pacific Storm and Pacific Mist are launched
- 2006 – Breeze is launched
- 2007 – Pegasus range is launched
- 2008 – Savanna embarks on a contract growing scheme
- 2009 – Branson family of cigarettes is launched. Savanna Tobacco acquires BMZ auction floors and starts refurbishing them.
- 2010 – The company moves to the new, world-class premises on 1 March.
- 2011 – Savanna Tobacco imports a state of the art Foil Wrap Packer from Germany. This machine is the first of its kind in Africa, which packs cigarettes in a special and unique re-sealable foil wrap which is different from the hinge-lid packet. Pacific Storm 10 Packs are launched
- 2012 – A second Flow-Wrap Packer is imported to increase Savanna Tobacco’s packing capabilities to now include 2 and 5 packs.
- 2014 – Savanna Tobacco becomes the first Zimbabwean company to license Cigarette vendors in the informal sector, legalising over 1200 vendors.
- 2015 – Savanna Tobacco rolls out the Micro-Entrepreneurs Empowerment Programme (MEEP), which identifies and capacitates over 3000 small business-people with distribution facilities, product lines and support networks.
Award Winning Brands
International Award for Business Excellence Spain 2012
Zimbabwe Investment Authority Manufacturing Award 2013
- Monde Selection Bronze Medal 2006
- Monde Selection Gold Medal 2006
Marketers Association of Zimbabwe – Customer Engagement Excellence Award 2015